Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Case Study: Pat Summitt, Early Onset Dementia- Alzheimer's Type

     I thoroughly enjoyed doing my case study on Pat Summitt. After attending the University of Tennessee Knoxville for 4 years, I felt like I could relate to the relationship that Pat had with the state of Tennessee. After having 6 miscarriages, she finally had her son, Tyler. She was actually in Pennsylvania when she starting having contractions and about to go into labor with her son Tyler. She refused to deliver her son in any other state than TN. Since Pat was such a tough, passionate woman who led the TN Lady Vols to victory a huge number of times, it was hard to hear about something like this affecting her. Especially, being diagnosed at such an early age with it. I enjoyed discussing her with my group because many of my group members also attended the University of Tennessee. It is hard to imagine how fast it progressed with Pat Summitt, and I wish that I could read her book where she opened up more about this condition.

No comments:

Post a Comment